Save The Date - Vegetation Management Program 10/19/20
Paved road clearing consists of trimming tree branches over roadways, limbing up tree branches off of the ground, removing ladder fuels and encroaching vegetation from roadsides and sidewalks and the clearing of vegetation around fire hydrants. The benefit for this clearing is to allow for a safe and efficient response by emergency personnel.
The District’s multi-faceted Vegetation Management Program is coming to a Sausalito neighborhood soon with two primary goals in mind: reduce flammable vegetation and improve access for emergency vehicles, particularly on narrow, windy streets. The focus of the Vegetation Management Program in your neighborhood includes:
Please do not pile any vegetation on the roadside for pick up. This project is for street clearing ONLY.
- Pruning trees to maintain emergency vehicle access
- Removal of all flammable and encroaching vegetation from roadsides and sidewalks
- Evaluation of designated parking spots
- Clearing of vegetation around fire hydrants
- Any trees identified as dead or dying will be designated for removal with a red dot.
The following streets located in Sausalito are scheduled for vegetation maintenance starting on or around October 19, 2020:
Vista Clara Road