The Southern Marin Fire Protection District has the following open positions:
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
Under general direction, serves as the District’s overall program manager of all IT needs.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Manage all hardware and software programs and subscriptions
- Manage District telecommunications
- Manage budget and strategy for all District IT needs
- Must be 18 years of age
- Possess a valid California (Class C) driver's license
- Proficient English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Modern office methods and practices
- Ability to develop and manage a trouble ticket system
- Ability to develop and manage a strategic plan
- Technologically proficient with both Apple and PC platforms and products
- Ability to manage telecommunication systems
- Ability to work in a team environment and support the District’s mission
- Attention to detail and adherence to procedures
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent and supplemented by specialized training
- Three years’ IT experience
40 hours per week, may need to work outside of normal business hours on occasion. Up to $6,666/month, depending on experience plus full benefits (medical, dental, vision, retirement).
Must pass a background check which will include a drug test
Please fill out the Job Application below and send with a resume to Liza Andre, Human Resources Manager (email@example.com).
POSTING WILL CLOSE AT 5PM ON 11/30/20
JOINT RECRUITING EFFORT FOR FIREFIGHTER EMTs AND FIREFIGHTER PARAMEDICS HELD BY SOUTHERN MARIN FIRE AND MILL VALLEY FIRE
Please see individual job postings below for more details. If qualified, please fill out the 2020-2021 SMFD-MVFD FF PM Job Application below AND send your resume AND all copies of qualifications to Human Resources Manager Liza Andre at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider the first 75 FF EMT and 75 FF Paramedic applications received by 11/30/20. Entry level applicants MUST already be on the FCTC list to be considered.
Applicants will be evaluated based on relevant training and experience. The process may include interviews and/or performance tests. Successful candidates will be placed on the eligibility list. A background investigation including LIVESCAN fingerprinting is required. All appointments are also subject to the successful completion of a pre-placement physical examination that includes a drug screen. Applicants will be required to submit verification of the legal right to work in the United States. All employees are required by law to sign a loyalty oath to the United States and the State of California Constitution at time of hire.
Update as of 11/10/20: We have closed our application process for EMT. We are only accepting Paramedic applications for SMFD.
We appreciate your interest in the Southern Marin Fire Protection District. Please follow us on social media and check back here often for updates.